WOW! A Lot To Catch Up On

Our big news around here is that I am closing the daycare.  I have been thinking about it for a few weeks now and I think it’s the best decision for my family and me.  I can honestly say that I gave it my best, but I just don’t think that it was enough.  I have high regards for those that do daycare for a living and that do it well.  My last day with the kids will be on November 7th.  I will be returning to the hospital on the weekends again, but it will be on the night shift.  I have never worked a night shift before, but I am ready to do so.  We have a very good and fun night shift crew at the hospital, so I am excited about that.  I will be working two nights a weekend from 7 pm-7 am.  This will still allow me to be around for family events and to be home with Jaxson 95% of the time during the week.  We will find somewhere for him to go on Monday mornings so that I can sleep for a little while.  I feel very good about this decision and I’m excited to get back to the hospital part time.

Last Friday night, we went up to Ogden to watch Prairie Valley take on Ogden in football.  They have a very good team this year and it was nice to see them add another victory to their record.  On Sunday, Brad and Jaxson went back to Gowrie while I worked at the hospital.  Our good family friends, Nels and Cindy Lindquist, were back from North Carolina, where they just recently moved.  Jaxson also got to spend some time with Papa, Grandma, and Chester, which was his new word of the week.

Jaxson and Papa watching the FB game.
Jaxson LOVED watching Papa peel the apples and then he ate them.

“Hi Chester”

Last night, we made some homemade pizza because my dad and Brenda were coming down to pick up Jaxson for a sleepover.  They took him back to their house and watched him all day today so that Brad and I could go to the Iowa vs. Wisconsin game in Iowa City.  Jaxson was so excited to go; he couldn’t get out of the house fast enough.  Dad and Brenda sure kept him busy.  I called at 9:00 this morning and they were already up and out of the house.  Dad had taken him out to the farm to see all of the animals.  They also spent time at the park and made cookies together.  Grandma took him for a ride on a school bus and Grandpa took him for a ride on a real train at the co-op, which Jaxson is still talking about how Grandpa drove the train and I’m sure we’ll be hearing about it for at least another week.  He was so tired when he came home that he went to bed over an hour early with no hesitation.  The Iowa game was great.  I was worried that it was going to be a little cold, but it turned out to be a perfect day.  The Hawks played a great game and pulled off an easy victory.
Jaxson is helping Daddy put the pepperonis on the pizza.
Yeah, Jaxson’s first homemade pizza!
Here come the Hawks!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: